Registration and login are required to submit items online and to check the status of current submissions.
Author(s) must submit their manuscripts online. To submit the manuscript online click “Submit online” and upload the manuscript files following the guidelines below:
All manuscripts must be submitted in English. Manuscripts accepted for publication will be checked by our editors and members of editorial board.
- Title, Times New Roman 14, Bold, Centered
- The name(s) of the author(s), Times New Roman 12, Bold, Centered
- The affiliation(s) and e-mail address(es) of the author(s)
An abstract between 100 and 250 words is required.
Please, provide 5 keywords that will be used for indexing purposes.
Manuscripts must be submitted in Word (*.doc, *.docx).
- Times New Roman 10 for text.
- Italics to emphasize words or expressions.
- Automatic page numbering.
- No field functions.
- Tab stops for indents, please, do not use the space bar.
- Spreadsheets can be used to make tables.
The footnotes include the citation of reference and can also be used to give additional information that may include a reference described in the bibliographic list.
Footnotes to the title or the author(s) of the work can receive symbols.
No endnotes are accepted.
Cite references in the footnotes by name and year in parentheses:
- one author HOWGEGO 1995
- two authors BUTCHER/PONTING 1995
- three authors COPE/KING/NORTHOVER/ 1997
where more than 4 authors should be used the surename of the first author followed by the Latin expression with Italic fonts et alii followed by the year of publication, see below :
ABEL et alii 2011
Abel, R. L./Parfitt, S./Ashton, N./Lewis, Simon G./Scott, B./Stringer, C., Digital preservation and dissemination of ancient lithic technology with modern micro-CT, Computers & Graphics 35/4, 878-884.
The list of references will include works that are cited in the text. Verbal information or lectures will only be mentioned in the footnotes.
The list must be alphabetized by the surname of the author or the first author of each work.
Howgego, Ch., Ancient History from Coins (London - New-York: Routledge).
Crawford, M., Coin hoards and the pattern of violence in the late Republic, Papers of the British School at Rome 37, 76-81.
Article by DOI
Brysbaert, A., ‘The Chicken or the Egg?’ Interregional Contacts Viewed Through a Technological Lens at Late Bronze Age Tiryns, Greece. DOI: 10.1111/ojoa.12013 [if also printed: Oxford Journal of Archaeology 32/3, 233–256, August 2013].
Articles published in the proceedings of scientific events or anniversary volumes
DVORSKI 1996, 217-220
Dvorski, T., Archaeological Investigations on Limes Alutanus in 1980-1984 (Dacia Inferior – Malvensis). In: Petrovič, P. (ed.), Roman Limes on the Middle and Lower Danube (Belgrade), 215-222.
Roman Provincial Coinage, http://rpc.ashmus.ox.ac.uk/. Accessed 10 August 2013.
Journal names and book titles should be italicized.
The name of Journals, Series, Lexica and Frequently Cited Works will be quoted in full title (e.g. JRS = Journal of Roman Studies).
- Tables are to be numbered with Arabic numerals.
- Tables should always be cited in text in consecutive numerical order.
- Please, provide the caption for each table.
Guidelines for illustrations
- All illustrations should be submitted electronically.
- Please, indicate what graphics program was used.
- Vector graphics and illustrations are accepted: CorelDraw, Photoshop PSD. Microsoft Office graphics are also accepted.
- When non-vector illustration is compulsory to submitted, please, send it at a resolution of minimum 300 dpi.
- The illustrations in color must be as RGB, 8 bits per channel.
- The figures must be named as "Fig" and the number (e.g. Fig1).
Video files Submission
The video files should be submitted in ‘flv’ format at a HD (720 pixels) of Full HD (1080 pixels) resolution.
a) For Greek fonts, the authors are kindly asked to submit the Greek fonts they used (*.ttf) together with the manuscript
b) For transliteration from Cyrillic to Latin alphabet, please, use the following link: http://learningrussian.net/pronunciation/transliteration.php
Acknowledgments of people, institutions, etc. must be placed at the end of the article before the bibliographic list.
Submission Preparation Checklist
As part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Title of the article
- Authors name
- Authors afiliation
- Abstact (max 500 words)
Article with figure and tables wich respect the author guide lines.
For on-line version of the journal we can publish in the articles google maps, movies and 3D models. For details contact the editors.
Authors who publish with this journal agree to the following terms:
- Authors retain copyright and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution License that allows others to share the work with an acknowledgement of the work's authorship and initial publication in this journal, we use CC BY-NC-ND license (Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs) wich only allowing others to download your works and share them with others as long as they credit you, but they can’t change them in any way or use them commercially.
- Authors are able to enter into separate, additional contractual arrangements for the non-exclusive distribution of the journal's published version of the work (e.g., post it to an institutional repository or publish it in a book), with an acknowledgement of its initial publication in this journal.
- Authors are permitted and encouraged to post their work online (e.g., in institutional repositories or on their website) prior to and during the submission process, as it can lead to productive exchanges, as well as earlier and greater citation of published work (See The Effect of Open Access).
Peer review policy and processes for readers and authors, is honest and respect all academic international rights.
The criteria by which reviewers are asked to judge submissions, are not discriminatory and are establish only for scientific evaluation of manuscript.
All data used for registration is private and will be used only in the journal non-economic purposes.